9770 S Burberry Way • Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
303-519-0629(c) • 720-344-3415(h)
Regional / Operations Manager
· Skilled manager, managed 80 remote professionals on oil and gas projects throughout North America
· Proficient with Primavera P5/6 project management software
· Scheduled, administered day-to-day activities, and generated P&L reports for 12 to 15 on-going projects.
· Creative, astute, practical thinker with excellent leadership skills
Business Development • Expansion • Management • Supervision • Technical Support
P&L Management • Invoicing • Collections • Mentoring • Project Management • Logistics
Project Planning • Client Relations • Implementation • Quality Assurance • Safety Compliance Employee Development • Product Development • R&D • Strategic Planning • Product Testing Product Implementation • Process Improvement • Consultant • Geologist • Scheduling
Professional Employment Group, Denver, CO • 2009
A full service staffing and recruiting firm. Providing employers with high quality professional employees for contract and for hire.
Concrete Rehabilitation, Traffic Control, and Quality Control Technician
Working on a multi-million dollar contract rehabilitation concrete on the Denver International Airport grounds.
· Badged Denver International Airport Contractor with Current TSA Security clearance.
· Worked semi-autonomously inside high security airport grounds requiring TSA security clearance to access.
· Traffic control expert, regularly setup and removed traffic control closures in coordination with DIA engineering department staff.
· Skilled at repairing concrete and applying various forms of seal.
Pason Systems USA, Golden, CO • 2006 - 2008
A leading international provider of specialized rental oilfield instrumentation systems for use on land-based drilling rigs, bridging the physical separation between remote wellsites and the office. Pason is a small to mid sized company with less than 1000 employees and revenues near $300M last year.
Regional Project / Operations Manager
Managed as many as 80 Geologists on remote oil & gas projects throughout North America, coordinating logistics, provided field support, administered employees, and scheduled projects.
· Grew monthly regional revenue from $200,000 to $400,000 over first 3 quarters of 2008 while maintaining a greater than 30% profit margin
· Managed, scheduled, and tracked 12 - 15 ongoing projects
· Planned and implemented a bi-annual employee review process
· Created employee utilization reports using Primavera increasing utilization by 15%
· Managed regional P&L
· Negotiated 100+ project bids with client Geologists, assisted in streamlining job bid process
· Established a rotating ‘on-call’ schedule for department managers, increasing effectiveness of after-hours support and also increasing the quality of life of the management team
· Generated new business through focused cold call marketing • conducting ‘lunch and learns’ with new and existing clients • and through industry events and conventions
· Enhanced field staffs independence through education and proper mentoring, decreasing the number support calls by ~50%
· Educated field staff on software and hardware, increasing their ability to maintain and troubleshoot the systems on their projects
· Traveled throughout region visiting all active projects maintaining employee relations and assuring product quality
· Guided employees to projects highlighting their experience and interests, increasing employee satisfaction and decreasing turnover
· Participated in the re-write and testing of Pason’s mud logging software, giving it more advanced capabilities, fixing issues, and in general modernizing the platform
Geologist / Mud Logger, Pason Systems USA • 2004 – 2006
Traveled throughout North America working on active drilling projects, collecting well data and geologic samples, producing well logs for client companies, and assisting in well operations.
· Installed gas detection and rig monitoring equipment on drilling rigs
· Compiled data in to well log format, distributing it to clients
· Facilitated open communications between operating company Geologist and drilling location, carrying out geologists requests, and disseminating information
· Coached new employees on proper well site procedures, overseeing their work, making changes and ultimately insuring product quality
· Maintained well site equipment and living accommodations, troubleshot and solved problems, fixing equipment and increasing up-time
· Supervised post drilling e-logging activities, assuring the highest quality e-log for customer
Bachelor of Science, Geology
University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho • 2003
‘Step up to Leadership’, Dale Carnegie Training • 2007
‘Essentials of Communication’, National Seminar Group • 2007
‘Supervising Off-Site Employees’, National Seminar Group • 2006
‘Management and Leadership Skills for Managers’, National Seminar Group • 2006
American Association of Petroleum Geologists, Active Member since 2006